Wednesday, April 19, 2006

~Then the Angle will not belittle us: "Oh what a man he is !'~


He always jumps straight away to welcome me, even if he was sleeping so tightly. He just run with eyes that even not opened completely yet. He will run toward me anytime I come out from my room, anytime I will enter the front door [back from somewhere], or he run leave all his friends right away anytime he saw me, doesn’t care how he was enjoying play with them…


Today he walked toward me with cripple legs…..I had told him to stay in his place, continue sleeping....but he kept running toward me, I had to embrace him and made him back to sleep, but instead of continue sleeping he followed me. He got an accident and made on of his legs swollen, he got fever for few days. But still he did enthusiasm anytime he saw me… he would always run toward me and patiently follow me wherever I go. He would cry if I enter my bedroom and not let him come inside… So sometimes, I let him sleep beside me….


In the morning…. when I walked out from my bedroom… he would jump and welcome me… I embraced him and we talked for couple of minutes, then he sit silently looking me cooking for breakfast. This holy month he didn’t mind to wake up early [doesn’t care how sleepy he is]. He would not move anywhere before I finished all my stuffs in the kitchen.


If I didn’t see him run it must be something wrong with him, that mean he is really sick, couldn’t wake or he slept out of house and nobody notice it he was outside. Sometimes I tried to not make any noise because I afraid to disturb his sleeping [he is very cute while he is sleeping], because I know he would run to me if he notice me…..


We do always have great time together; there is a special bond between us. Anytime I am working at my computer he sits in front of me [on the monitor] staring at me [make me feel “something” as if I was the most beautiful girl in the world], or he would just sit beside me silently. He always recognizes my voice even if he was playing some far away. He will try to come in soon, or sometimes he just show kind of _expression as if want to tell me if he wants I the one who came to embrace him.


One day there was a new comer. He was jealous of her, he didnt let me close or touch her. But through the time he accepted her, even they became friends each other very soon. That new comer too aggressive, she even ate his food and steal the attention and loves all. All people in house love her, she is so cute, so lively, then anyone seem started forget him.
Sometimes I saw him sit silently with his gloomy eyes when he saw my sisters playing with that new comer and ignored him. Even if she already made him lost many things, he welcomes her finally. They played together, he let her ate his food, I saw he used to wait until she finished eating and eat what she left [sometimes I kept her away from him, give him extra food so he could eat in relax]. I guess he loved her …..


When she gone, I felt he was sad for couple of days… I guess he must be miss her. But then he got new friend; our neighbor who often come to visit and also always eat his food. He just let her do anything. She likes him so much, and seem try to tease him anytime, as if she want he chase her, run after her.. but he is so calm… he is just different.


Nodaway… It seem the season of married… that neighbor try to expose all her charming to attract him. She tried to tease him at least to make him notice her present even when he was sleeping… she tried to be funny… to be flirt or perhaps tried to look beautiful, tried anything to capture his heart… but most of time he just ignore her… just sometimes he responsed her. In fact it seem she is the most beautiful girl in our neighborhood, and many who run after her… but she seem has pride, she even did refuse them [think of that made me so wonder… how could she thinks to choose with whom she likes to end up…]


You guys must think that I am talking about “a great man in great human world”, no at all… I am talking about my cat and his cat world [this is very real story]. Subhanallah… he made me learn a lot of things, the loyalty, love, peace, friendship, patience, etc etc….
All he knows perhaps only eat, sleep and play… but he did show me how to eliminate his jealousy, how to share with other, how to care his pride, etc


Gee a cat has pride… surprise!… He didn’t take all “chances” randomly…[from girls [cats] who trying tease him] and even it’s amaze me they didn’t like to marry randomly [I don’t know if they set some standard like human do].. but for sure they choose…. They do not think as far that is a boy.. then ok.. or as far that girl… then ok… it’s very amazing when see how a girl [cat] refused some boys [cats] but then with another one she seem so prepare]…


If only you watch how they sleep subhanallah you could see such peace world. Most of time they are fighting each other, never stop run and chase each other, fight and tease each other, but in the night, they could sleep side by side so calmly and peacefully…. They seem forget anything, seem no hate, no revenge, no pain, perhaps that what called “forget” and forgiveness to life in peace… If only we human could learn from them....


He makes me feel so special. In fact all what I do only feed him, but he gives me a lot of love back, subhanallah.


How many of us already showered by love, care from our mother [parents, beloved ones] but do we act better than him [ my cat]…. Many of us even not sensitive enough to catch the care and love from our close people. Some even yell to their parents, and think that very normal. They are our beloved people but we also did hurt them often


Now imagine.. How many husbands [HUMAN] who will love to do such of thing like my cat do… company cooking… follow you any where….. and always want to be close with you…Even leave his friends when he is playing / chit chat…. That cat is just amazing.. believe me.. he always jump straight away anytime he saw me… especially when I was entering home from somewhere [it like I feel he missing me a lot]….


He knows how to win one love. One of my brother really hate cat, anytime “My cat" around, he always yell “I don’t want this cat close to me!!!”…. He would move or he would tell him to go… He was rude to him. But My cat instead of being angry...he kept trying to be closer, he keep some distance… but he keep follow him… and even when my brother awake till late night.. He accompanied him silently and kept awake whole night too [he seemed watch my brother sinlently]. Agh… his expressions always so cute… subhanallah [especially he looked try to keep awake]… Eventually he captures my brother heart!!


The funny things, when he made mistake, he always run to hide… but then slowly he would come back to see what he did [broke the vase]… and show us how he felt sorry [of course we saw it from his face]… subhanallah…


He just has instinct, but that enough to make him know who loves him sincerely….


My another brother always fight with him… my cat scared to death with him. it’s enough he just said a word “manis” [it's his name] he would understand if he had to silent or had to go down from the table… When my brother order him to sleep or do not move anywhere… he really would not move and stay beside him [with his funny face – of scared]… subhanallah…


He has his own language to show if he happy, if he hungry, if he mad..… when he happy he will bite my legs and run after me…poor human sometimes do not understand his language, we tend to act so rude, hit him or yell to him.. Once I did that.. and I felt so sorry, he showed me a face as if he wanted to tell me "I just wanna play with you? Why you angry to me "… that’s true if we let him bite.. he will not really bite….. Sometimes he just try to attract the attention and want we chase him…


Imagine such simple creature that Allah swt just gave “instinct” could behave perfectly. Subhanallah, human are bestowed with heart and brain, and they should act better.


But sadness, many of human become soulless, their intellect bring them to a live lower than animal they blind, deaf, and they could be turn become the cruelest and the most devil creature on earth. They are so greedy, unjust and destroy other life… Allah says : "Thou wilt indeed find them, of all people, most greedy of life,-even more than the idolaters: Each one of them wishes He could be given a life of a thousand years: But the grant of such life will not save him from (due) punishment. For Allah sees well all that they do" [HQ 2:96]


“And when it is said unto them: Make not mischief in the earth, they say: We are peacemakers only.” [HQ.2:11]


“Are not they indeed the mischief-makers ? But they perceive not.” [HQ.2:12]


This perhaps which made angle wonder why Allah created human…. “Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not." [HQ 2:30]


Allah swt already so kind to us, always give what we want, even He trust us to be a vicegerent in this earth, but many of us tend to be injustice and ingratitude….


“He giveth you of all that ye ask for. But if ye count the favors of Allah, never will ye be able to number them. Verily, man is given up to injustice and ingratitude.” [HQ 14:34]


At least lets try to ponder what arround us.. we even can learn from a cat . Allah subhana wata'ala says :
Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding, Men who celebrate the praises of Allah, standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and contemplate the (wonders of) creation in the heavens and the earth, (With the thought): "Our Lord! not for naught Hast Thou created (all) this! Glory to Thee! Give us salvation from the penalty of the Fire. [HQ 3:190-191]


Do they not travel through the land, so that their hearts (and minds) may thus learn wisdom and their ears may thus learn to hear? Truly it is not their eyes that are blind, but their hearts which are in their breasts. [HQ 22:46]


Allah swt tell us to contemplate, because He always creates things for reasons and anything that happened in this universe for reasons [none that happened by “chance” or “accident”]… then in the same time Allah asked us if we travel and see a lot but “do we really use our heart and mind to learn the wisdom?”…. Allah said, some of us not blind [our eyes not blind] but our heart sometimes blind and actually this the “real” blindness… that why we see many injustices and the destruction on earth….anything that only accepted by eyes and mind but not reach “the heart” it will mean nothing… that why we find many knowledge people… but their knowledge not bring benefit for him/herself nor for other… because it not reach “the heart”….


Human beings are very complicated; they have so many sides of personalities and can experience so many emotions at the same time [sometimes it easier to understand cat – even if they are complete different from us]. Cat [animal] they only have “instinct” but somehow that make them can accept things like whatever they “feel”, they “see”. When human give love, they just accept it and feel it, then they behave nicely [even in some extend can make you feel like the most precious person in the world, they can make you feel so special – with their innocent feedback]…..


The otherwise, human beings who are bestowed with mind, soul, heart, they often being tricked by their own mind. They tend to be suspicious easily [think what mean behind that love, how deep it is, how to prove it, etc], or they tend to be greedy [ask more and more “love”, “attention”, “affection”, etc], they tend to be ungrateful, jealousy, etc. They use their mind sometimes to imagine or to think something that even unthinkable…
Perhaps we need learn from “a cat” then the angle will not belittle us….'Oh what a man he is !'… "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?”

Perhaps we need to liberate sometimes from that complication… just sharpen our heart to accept and to feel things just like whatever it is….. Wallahu’alam bishshowab….
Rytha
Bandung
Tuesday Oct 19, 2004

2 comments:

Anonymous 5:44 AM  

such great words and wonderfull and deep meaning.....i already loved ur cat...i hope u can post a pic for ur cat:)
and i totally agree with u about how we can learn from A CAT....

Ummu Afeera 5:18 AM  

nice story sis...i love it...