Wednesday, September 05, 2007

~Our Prayers – Part 1~



I arrived in the airport earlier because it would give time to pray fajr before boarding. I went to nearby prayer room in the airport, fajr time was still long. I started reading the Qur’an waited for fajr. Some muslimah came in. They took wudhu, and then prayed…

At first I thought mashaAllah they were praying for sunnah [Qiyamul lail]. But when they left straight away after the pray I started wondering…Did they just pray fajr? What’s time now? I asked a sister next to me… It was about one hour more to fajr time…

After some times, one lady came in, she approached me and asked what time for fajr…I told her the time for fajr is after 15 minutes. She paused for sometimes…. But she saw some other muslimah praying…she started pray fajr too….astaghfirullah…..

In another day…. I had my flight just close to my boarding time…Before depart from the place I stay; I asked my companion if we would find place for pray fajr in airport…. He said… “You just pray now before we leave”… I replied…”It’s still not reach the fajr time”… He said… “Just pray and don’t take risk if we have chance in airport we can pray again “…. Astaghfirullah, May Allah forgives him …..

Alhamdulillah I could pray fajr in airport – in the corner of waiting room.

I believe many of us facing this kind of situations. Not only about the traveling but also the exams, meetings, etc that started earlier than prayer times

Allah subhana wa ta’ala say : “Verily, As-Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours” [al-Nisa’ 4:103]

It is permissible to offer the prayer at any point within the time for each prayer, whether at the beginning, in the middle or at the end, the best is in the beginning… but prayer earlier before the time, it is “totally” impermissible. If we do it consciously, our pray will not valid and we are also not free from sins. If we do it because we do not know it still not come to prayer time… we should repeat our pray when we realize we did pray not in time… wallahuam.. .

We sometimes make an excuse that It's better to do it earlier rather than not pray at all, say Allah the most Gracious, Allah is very understanding, He will forgive us….

In fact, doing something only based on good intentions but with no basis it won’t be accepted. Allah already made the rules, through His messenger sallahu alahi wassalam He gives us clear guidances…. So there will be no excuse if we do something outside the guidance… it means we disobey Him and make our own rules……

However Allah never burdens His slaves over than their abilities…


Allah knows best.

To be continue inshaAllah….

Rytha N
Batam 4 September 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous 1:09 PM  

sslmkm wr wb
mbak, here's wiwin, remember? your sist...:)
miss u so much..!

see this journal, maybe we have to feel free husnuzon, cause maybe she took a qiyamullail, as what u said, and then left..
and maybe he prayed fajr later in other place.hehehee ..maybe...

Anonymous 11:35 AM  

A SUPPORTED BY THE DEVELOPER TOOLS? It was interesting. You seem very knowledgeable in ypour field.